Disneyland 2016
Well we went to Disneyland! We literally booked our trip 9 days before we left... We had been looking earlier in the year, but things just weren't looking good. We had a bunch of Frontier sky miles, and some saved Christmas money from the Crosland's from 2 years ago.... and we did it! Tyler's brother Ben lives in Ladera Ranch, so we were able to stay with them and spent some much needed time with their cute kiddos! It was SO SO fun! I am a little obsessed with Disneyland, and had been itching to go back since... well... last year I guess? I'm trying my very hardest to make it an annual thing! Haha! Tyler is such a good sport, and his boss is seriously awesome. He wasn't planning on joining us until Thursday night, but his boss insisted he come with us on Tuesday. So off we went!
And the flight from Denver to SoCal is the most gorgeous ever. Rocky Mountains, Lake Powell, Grand Canyon, Death Valley... etc... It's incredible!
We got there Tuesday night, and headed down to the beach Wednesday morning! It was a cloudy, cool day, but we had to go anyway! Cody and Macey were in school, but cute Kayla got to come with us!
Lucy was in HEAVEN and as happy as can be. That girl has always love, love, loved the ocean! And Clara was freezing!
Cutest little birds ever!
It finally warmed up that afternoon and we hit the pool with all the kiddos! So beautiful and warm! Rex loved it!
Thursday we went to Disneyland! Carrie was so awesome and offered to watch Rex for us during the day. It was so fun to go on some big kid rides all together! We had a blast. We got there bright and early to be able to sign up for 'Jedi Training' and ran to get Clara her birthday pin! She was super excited about that.
We got fast passes for Space Mountain for later, but went on it right away too! Definitely a favorite! The girls also LOVED Star Tours and Buzz Astroblasters. There was a whole lot of Star Wars going on that day! Also- our awesome Star Wars shirts? We're amazing.
We popped in to meet Chewy!
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad! My fav! and a sneak peek at Star Wars Land!
Tyler left around 2 to go pick up Rex from Carrie, so the girls and I did a little exploring. Clara loves meeting the characters, so after getting my amazing Main Street corn dog, we hopped in line to meet them!
We then check out Tarzan's tree house, Pirates of the Caribbean, Frontierland, and kept missing Jasmine near by!
And of course we had to make it over to Toontown to say hello to Clara's favorite Pluto!
How cute is Tyler? He met Carrie half way in between the park and her house, parked the car, got Rex in the carrier and made the trek all the way back into the park!
So excited to watch the girls in their Jedi Training!
Clara was SO nervous and a little timid about even signing up, but she was so brave! She ended up doing it without hesitation, and defeated Darth Vadar!
Lucy was all about this! She was so into it, it was hilarious! She fought the 7th sith sister... I think?... but ate it up, and fought hard!
At the end they had to just use the force to get rid of Kylo Ren! Please just check out Lucy's face. Greatest ever!
Two cute Jedi's!
We made reservations at Cafe Orleans to celebrate Clara's birthday! We had our favorite pomme frites, shared the giant monte cristo sandwich, and the girls shared a big kids meal! It ended up being such a good deal! And my favorite food!
Clara loved them singing to her and her free birthday beignet!
I took the girls on Splash Mountain and we miraculously didn't get wet! Wahoo!
Tyler took Lulu on Indiana Jones while we rode the Jungle Cruise! Best ever!
A quick stop for Dole Whips!
Ty saved us a spot for the parade while we ran to do It's a Small World! Can't miss that!
glow in the dark light sabers before the parade! bless you Target! ;-)
I can't get over how much Clara loves the characters! She sweetly waved at each and every one that came by! That Light the Night parade is seriously amazing! And the fireworks! I'm so glad we made it for the 60th Diamond celebration! It was SO cool! Also- by the end of the day Clara wanted to take her birthday pin off because she was sick of people telling her Happy Birthday... she didn't want to say anything back... Seriously, where does she come from? She's hilarious.
We didn't have the greatest spot for the fireworks, but I'm just impressed we lasted all day! No melt downs at all until then too! Cutest kiddos.
We made it home late and exhausted! But were so excited to do California Adventure the next day with Ben and Carrie! We got there just a little later than the day before and the lines were SO long to get on the tram for parking and it started pouring rain! We had ponchos, but it was still a bit of a rough start! Luckily Disney has incredible Mother's lounge's and I sent the kids with dad while Rex and I waited it out! Haha. We ended up having great weather and a pretty awesome day!
These kids only see each other once or twice a year, and it's usually when all the cousins are together, so it was so fun to have one on one cousin time! They all had such a blast and are the cutest little friends! I wish we lived closer!
The big kids LOVED California Screamin' and probably went on it like 10x! Rexy loved all of the rides and was so good just riding in his carrier most of the day!
I also nursed in line for Midway Mania and on the Ferris Wheel.... skills I tell you, skills.
cutest friends!
We finally made it to the terror ride and it was hilarious! The girls love roller coasters, but they did not love this! I wish I had a picture of Lucy's face at the very top when the doors open right before you drop. It was pure terror! She was holding on to me and Macey for dear life! And Clara was completely expressionless and didn't say a word until we were done and then started crying. I was laughing so hard.... Needless to say, they didn't want to go back on the ride with Tyler for the parent swap! He took cute Kayla and Ben instead!
I missed California Soarin' earlier in the day, so cutie Clara went back with me while everyone else did a different ride. I don't think everyone else knew I was sneaking snacks while they would go on rides and I was waiting for Rex.... I had to get my churro in somehow without having to buy them for all the kids! I let Clara help me out with my Mickey bar though! ;-)
Rex loved the Midway Mania! Cutest baby ever. He did SO good!
Car's land at night never disappoints! So so beautiful!
We made it to the World of Color and had such a fun time! We waited to get souvenirs until walking out, but the kids were SO tired by then! They actually still did really well because they knew they couldn't get their toy unless they held it together.... but, it was LONG day! Lucy came away with some awesome Star Wars figurines, and Clara got her cute Anna doll. Happy as clams.
Rex was SO good! I can't get over it. And the parent swap thing makes having a baby at Disneyland so easy and fun! The kids got to do all the fun rides twice!
We slept in as much as we could Saturday before enjoying the sun for a few hours before we had to head back home! Cute Cody and Rex matched. I'll never get over Lucy calling Cody 'dude' all week long! "That's what all of his friends call him mom!" She's such a cute girl.
Our flight got delayed a few hours, so we were able to sneak in one last dinner with our cute cousins before we had to leave. We flew to Denver that night, spent the night in a hotel there, then flew back to Bismarck the next morning, Mother's day! I wouldn't have wanted to spent my mothers day any other way! It was the perfect trip!
And anytime I can get this cutie to sleep in my arms is like my wildest dreams coming true! Give me all the babies! Sweetest baby.

























































Comments
Post a Comment