nationals 2011
we're back!
i can't believe our trip is already OVER! it's really so crazy. I have been anticipating this trip- well really since I started coaching at Orem High 3 years ago, and it's so crazy to think it actually happened.
the girls had so much fun, performed awesome, and had a great experience!
we seriously had no problems the whole trip- and i can't believe things went as smoothly as they did.
Here are a few pics from this weekend-
we flew into Orange County Thursday afternoon and had a team dinner that night at the Cheesecake Factory by our Hotel.

Friday we had a practice in the morning, then spent most of the day at Disneyland and California Adventure playing! I was a little nervous to go to all these amusement parks not being able to go on all the 'really fun' rides- but it really was still so much fun, and I saw a lot of the fun shows and I think Brooke and I went on every 'boat ride' imaginable. Haha... seriously. Think about it... Almost every kid/grandma ride is on a boat. Pirates of the Caribbean, Jungle Cruise, It's a Small world, Peter Pan... you get the idea. Since Brooke and I had chaperone tickets anytime the girls got Fast Passes she could just jump in line with them without a fast pass as their 'chaperone', so she still got to do all the fun rides too without waiting an hour in line!
this was my favorite- the Jedi Training Academy, it was so funny they taught all these little kids a light-saber routine then they got to face Darth Vader.. the kids were all so nervous it so cute!
I think my other favorite show was the Aladdin one at California Adventure- we sat by one of my cheerleaders mom's and her little sister who is like 6, and it was so funny to watch it with her and hear her just laugh hysterically the whole time! loved it.
proof that I was at Disneyland at 34 wks prego.
you should have seen the looks/comments/etc.. I got from EVERYONE all weekend.
you would have thought i was going into labor that very second.
everyone was very concerned for my well-being!
we came back early Friday night so the girls could get a good nights sleep before our competition early Saturday morning-
I seriously cannot say how proud I am of all my little cheerios! I honestly love all of my girls to death and we had so so much fun this weekend.
There was like 21 teams in their division, and only the top 5 made it to finals. We were really hoping to place in the top 10- and I think we ended up like 12th. But they did SO good!
We only had a couple bobbles- but no stunts fell! I really thought they would place higher with no falls and their difficulty being so high, but this is my first year really competing with USA and after getting the score sheets the teams that placed between 5th and 15th place were all like within 2 points of each other. It really was so close, and the only thing I can really come up with is that their dance needed to be faster paced and just a more showy routine all-around.
also only like 3 of my girls had ever competed before this year, and I think next year it will really help to have a squad of almost all returners. I really am still surprised they didn't place higher, but I really just wanted the girls to get the idea of going to nationals and having something to work for all year.
I'm just so glad they did an awesome routine for their very last time ever doing it!
they were all really proud of themselves too, and even though they were a little bummed they didn't place in the top ten, it was such a good experience and we will be more prepared the next time around!
the girls right after warming up about to compete!
we spent the rest of the day playing at Disneyland- Brooke and I and a couple of the girls checked out early after dinner at CPK and spent the night in the hot tub that felt SO good after the long long day.
I think my cute child of mine in my belly must be sitting on a nerve or something when I sit down, because when I'm sitting down in a chair it feels like there is a knife or something jabbing the upper right side of my back. Awesome right? Haha. It's really not too much of a problem most the time, but after sitting in the stands all day watching the cheer competition I was dying. Other than that I really was fine- just some sore feet! =)
With some of the girls on the Ferris Wheel!
Sunday we were seriously gone from 11am to 1am playing at Disneyland!
We went over to watch finals for our division, but other than that we were on our feet ALL day! I'm shocked I didn't go into labor, but we had so much fun.
With some of the girls before they went on Tower of Terror-
Brooke and I on main street- I think i'm done being in pictures until I have this baby- I'm starting to just look HUGE. I guess I can see why everyone was so concerned when they looked at me all weekend!
Overall the trip was a HUGE Success! My girls are all so cute and funny and I'm so glad I got the chance to coach them this year. They did awesome, and it was the perfect way to end our year! I can't believe it's already over! Try outs are this week! Ah!
Here is the video of the girls- I didn't have my nice camera so it's really blurry- and I'm yelling through the whole thing, but they did awesome so I need to show it off!
Okay I'll admit it, even I was nervous that you might go into labor during your trip! YOU GO GIRL!! Glad you had a great time :)
ReplyDeleteWOW! I hope they all DO feel good about what they accomplished! THANKS to you!!!! They became great! Hope they work even HARDER next year!!!!! You look amazing by the way Carly! Way to go girl! Your Cheerios Rocked!
ReplyDeleteCarly you are amazing... I don't know how you did that!! And I feel the same way about being enormous at this point and haven't taken any pictures lately... you look darling though! Let's get together ASAP before our babies come... you realize this only gives us about 4 weeks!
ReplyDeleteThat was an awesome routine, nice job Car.
ReplyDelete