Thanksgiving 2012

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
This was our first year being away from our families, and I was so worried I was going to be so homesick all weekend, but we had such a fun Thanksgiving!

Jenny and I met at the Y in the morning to run because it was freezing outside, and then I headed home to cook. I only had one minor disaster-- extremely burnt marshmallows on my sweet potatoes! But I hurried scraped those off, popped some new ones and and threw them under the broiler for a minute and we were good to go!
We met at the church with about 13 other families to have a HUGE Thanksgiving! I think we had over 70 people! 
We had 3 Turkeys, a Ham, and about one million sides. Enough food to feed an army, that's for sure!
Here's the girls-- or most of them anyway!
Kim Wake, Tera Amsbury, Angie Thompson, Kristen Karren, Leslie Anthony, Colette Douglas, Anna Winn, Cody Woodland, Heather Wistisen, then Jenny Jacobs and I in the front. The Scotts, Davies, and Woodwards were there too! We lost some early!
looking gooood Jen! 
 Melissa and her cute kiddos!
 I love Lucy's face in this... She obviously did not want something Tyler was trying to make her eat!
 meet Peter: the cutest/coolest kid ever! How adorable is he?
 and Georgia... my most favorite bald baby! Look at those brown eyes!
 The goods: I made the Pioneer Woman's creamy mashed potatoes... amazing... and sweet potatoes, with shrimp dip, juice boxes for the kiddos, and some pumpkin chocolate chip muffins! I'm already craving leftovers... which were gone Thanksgiving night, so I want to do another Thanksgiving dinner... without the Turkey. Is that allowed?
 best part: sherbet punch drink...
 The kids pretty much had the time of their lives...
We have so much to be Thankful for this year!
We had a pretty low key rest of the day, and I ventured out to Target around ten... by myself. How much of a loser am I? Haha.. But I just couldn't miss out. We had a lazy weekend and made it to the mall to get a few things. We got our babysitting turn done, had a hot cocoa party, and I really didn't get homesick until like Saturday... I am just SO excited to go home for Christmas. And hang out with my mom.... really. 2 and a half months is way TOO long! Seriously. It really is. 
We have a busy next few weeks, so I'm sure it will fly by! Counting down to December 18th to get home to mama and skiing! and everyone else of course! =)

Comments

  1. Looks like an awesome holiday! I can't get over how cute those pictures of Clara are! She's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaahhhh...
    Makes me wish I wasn't a Jehovah's Witness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missed you too... It is a good thing I can't wait to see Mom too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Clara Mae!

Lucy is finally here!!