a vacation. not a trip.
This last weekend Tyler and I were able to go on a VACATION-- Yes, Vacation.... I think the last Vacation we went on, was... for our anniversary in 2010... so it's been a while! My mom flew in Tuesday..(post to come...) and we took off Thursday afternoon for Phoenix, AZ to meet up with our good friends Porter and Erika. Can I just say, it was so nice to sit on the airplane and read a book! It was pretty awesome.
Thursday afternoon we visited P and Erika's new place before checking in to our hotel. We had a delicious dinner at Culinary Dropout and were in heaven at the array of yummy non-chain restaurants all around! It was amazing- we seriously had the best dinner, and then checked out the most fabulous mall in downtown Scottsdale. Ahh... so refreshing to see normal stores and food! I was in heaven...
Delicious homemade pretzels and provolone fondue, and the best fried chicken and yummy salad!
We 'slept in' (AZ is 2 hrs earlier so we were up by like 7:30....) but we went to a great breakfast place, stuffed ourselves, and headed to the pool to read and lay out! It was pretty awesome...
We had our yummy leftovers for lunch and headed shopping--- I talked Tyler into leaving me at the mall while he went to drop off the rental car, so I was sending my mom and sisters pictures of clothes... classic right? I'm in love with Madewell.... Ahhhh.... Erika came and met me at the mall and it was so fun to shop with all my saved birthday money....
That night we had such a yummy dinner at a great pizza place with the most amazing nutella, banana, ice cream crepes... and headed to the Diamondback games!
We seriously had such good food, and ate at the coolest places... it was so refreshing!
This was my first MLB game and it was awesome to be in such a huge stadium, not get hit in the head with the ball (I was a little concerned... haha...) and see some awesome fireworks!
We sat behind the most awesome mullet/claw hairdo EVER. This is a woman by the way... totally awesome!
We walked all around downtown Phoenix that night, and had so much fun... So nice not to worry about our cute girlies!
We had another great morning laying out by P and Erika's pool, even with a couple of crazies who joined us... haha and then went to have some delicous Bahama Bucks! The best shaved ice ever!
We headed to Les Mis that night, and on our way to dinner we realized that Tyler had accidentally bought tickets for the 2 o'clock show instead of the 7:30 show... Whoops! After trying to find other tickets we decided to just show up at the box office and see if there was anything they could do. We had dinner at an awesome Bar called Four Peaks, and headed to the show! They were totally sold out, but had one single ticket left, and at the last second had one ticket that was donated, so it turned out we got 2 seats, one on row 2, and one on row 5! Hallelujah! We were a little bummed we didn't get to sit together, but the show was AMAZING. I absolutely LOVE Les Mis!
Here's cute Tyler 3 rows behind me... =)
Of course as soon as the show ended we were checking up on the Utah/BYU game... Luckily Porter's friend Steve had it on his phone, so we watched the last few minutes out front of the theatre! Go Utes!
I flew home early this morning, and Tyler and Porter headed to San Francisco to go to the 49'ers/Lions game! They were SO excited, and had awesome seats, so I'll have to put his pictures up here tomorrow!
Overall we seriously had the greatest trip ever! Thank you thank you Porter and Erika for letting us crash your new place, and playing with us all weekend! And to my cute mom for watching our girls all weekend... she is a saint! I'm so sad to see her go on Tuesday... Tear! I already want to go back on to Arizona in January... Let's hope it works out!



























Comments
Post a Comment