utah....part 2!
Lucy Jane- I've never seen the kid SO excited to play on a playground every. single. time. What a babe!
We spent Saturday night after skiing out at the farm again with the Croslands! We were a little more prepared this time with our 'farm clothes' and the kids had SO much fun. We love being out at the farm!
Sunday we had a fabulous Easter with my family- post to come!
Monday we spent the day with the Croslands again. We played in Grandma's backyard all day, went to Lunch at Tasty's and had so much fun with our cousins! I'm so mad I didn't take pictures, but Monday night Amy, Bonnie, and I went to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory and did some shopping at city creek! It was so fun to have a little girl time!
Here's cute Clara in her new Minnie Mouse jammies from grandma Carrie, and now insists on sleeping with her baby and Minnie Mouse every night! And my favorite April Fools joke this year....
Tuesday I went to lunch at Zupas with my mom and Candace then did a little Marshalls, HomeGoods, TJ Maxx shopping with them. The kids played on the playground at Station Park and had a blast. We love the good weather!
That night I met up with a bunch of my food friends at Tiff's house to see her sweet new baby girl, Ava! She is such a doll! So fun to get together with these girlies.
Chelsie, Michelle, Emily, Heather, me, and Tiffany
Wednesday morning we met up the Amy, Bonnie, and Jessi up at Castle Park and let the kids run wild! Jessi picked up some yummy Pei Wei for us, then we headed over to Kaysville Elementary to meet up with my cute friends Jentrie & Heidi.
Look at all of our cute kiddos! I still can't believe Jentrie has 3 now! Under the age of 2... Super mama!
Lucy, Clara, Max, Sweet little Birdie, Gun, and Milo
Wednesday afternoon Cheryl finally made it! We are so glad we got to see Aunt Cheryl for a few days! She is the best. Lucy took full advantage of her... one of their many conversations....
"Cheryl, Shhhh... Come here! Come with me.... Shhh... dont' tell my mom. I need you to get me a Sprite ok? Shhh. Make sure you don't tell my mom!"
Wednesday I debuted my children's sandals, which I love more than anything, even if I do look like a child... I mean what else is new!? We then had the Brock clan all over and had yummy Mandarin take out! Delicious!
Thursday afternoon Bonnie was going to watch the girls so I could do pedicures, lunch, and shopping with my mom and Cheryl, but instead Lucy woke up not feeling good and threw up a couple times! I felt so bad! Candace watched the girls instead while we went to our pedicure appt then we just kind of hung out all afternoon! Lucy fell asleep in the afternoon, so we left her in the watch of my dad and ran to TJ Maxx! Haha. You would have thought we had never left the house we were so excited to get out of there!
We made it back and luckily Lucy woke up feeling SO much better! She was begging to go outside and play, so we decided to grab dinner at Settebellos.
My cute sisters and my mom! Look at how cute my mom is!? It's ridiculous!
These kids sure love their aunts and grandparents! I'm kind of an outcast!
I swear these trips always go by SO fast! Friday morning we ran up to Park City to shop at the outlets! We had a yummy lunch at Cafe Rio of course and shopped for a few hours until we wore the kids out!
Lucy got crammed into the back seat of the 4-runner and was out within like 5 minutes of driving. I love her little feet up on the seat. It was pretty squishy back there!
Clara on the other hand was wide awake... crazy baby!
We made a quick stop at Costco to torture Clara... I mean... Haha.. I love her. We were trying to find a good floaty for Hawaii for her! She obviously LOVED it! We met Amy, Blake, and Callie in the Costco parking lot to say goodbye and they have the girls the cutest stuffed dogs for their Birthdays! The girls are obsessed, and of course the dog is now part of Clara's crib collection!
We packed everything up at my mom's that night, Bonnie & Jeff stopped by to say Goodbye, but don't worry, we'll see them TOMORROW in Hawaii! Wahoo! But we had to say Goodbye to everyone else!
We stayed up WAY too late of course chatting, so we ended up getting on the road about 9, instead of 7... but ya know!
The drive home was pretty uneventful! Clara threw up again in between Bozeman and Billings... I should have given her Dramamine when we stopped in West Yellowstone, but she was still feeling good then so I felt a little guilty giving it to her... Obviously I shouldn't have! The girl has motion sickness, bad! Ugh! I do feel so bad for her, but it's not the funnest having someone throw up every. single. time. we go on a long car drive! At least we know Dramamine helps now!
After the incident we stopped in Billings for dinner at Cafe Rio... yet again! I love it!
I love driving through Yellowstone and Big Sky, it's gorgeous. I really miss the mountains!
The rest of the drive was pretty uneventful, other than I had my two audio books on my old iphone4 and the sound wasn't really working... I finally had to accept defeat and resort to 'singing my way home'! Literally... My voice was crackin' by the time we pulled into Minot. I'm that awesome.
The drive back is always worse than the drive home, I think everyone's a little more tired, but the girls really did awesome. Lucy even took 2 naps, then fell asleep around 10 and slept until we got home around 1:30. We got home to a spotless house and of course Daddy! The girls were SO excited to see him, as was I! We sure missed him. 2 weeks is a LOOONG time!
We had a lazy Conference Sunday and just hung out all day while we unpacked! So glad to be home... except it is still 20 degrees and currently a Blizzard...
but how cute is Clara!? She loves her Minnie Mouse socks!
A lot of people ask me how I drive that long with my girls, first of all my girls really do so well in the car. Especially Lucy... Clara's throwing up sure puts a damper on things though! I have a few garbage bags ready, along with another bag with extra diaper wipes, clorox wipes, a new binky/clip, a couple outfits, and a new blanket... just for when the expected happens! Haha. I also have DVD players, so we'll do a movie, then break for a few hours for nap, looking out the window, singing Taylor Swift, etc... then another movie, repeat cycle... I have a cooler sitting in the front seat with snacks in little snack-size baggies ready to be handed back! We have baggies of cheerios, gold fish, animal crackers, grapes, berries, string cheese, carrots, snap peas, etc... Clara keeps her water with her, but I hold Lucys as I honestly don't want her drinking that much so she doesn't have to pee that often! Haha. But really- we've only had to pee on the side of the road once so far! We do have an ipad, ipods the could play with, but holding them in the car makes them BOTH sick, so we don't do that anymore! Other than that, belting out 'We are never ever getting back together...' and 'Call me Maybe' seem to cheer them both up exponentially. ;-) As for me, I have headphones with a few good audible books on hand! I also need water, and big Diet Coke, along with my glasses, and good music! I do a lot better too with healthy snacks or I start to feel disgusting... don't worry. I also have a bag of Sour Patch watermelons as well!
As for traveling 16 hours on planes tomorrow... that should be a different story entirely! Wish us luck! ;-)



























Comments
Post a Comment