California!

 Tyler's mom e-mailed us all in November telling us she had booked a few condos in Oceanside, CA over Presidents Day weekend and that if we wanted to go to let her know! Haha. We were definitely in! Her and Jeff got the girls suitcases and Sea World/Zoo passes for Christmas. Tyler's brother and his wife are in Orange County, so I was already flying in a couple days early to see them and I managed to convince Tyler to fly in a day early so we could take the girls to Disneyland for Lucy's birthday! Seriously this trip was perfect. I've never been more depressed to go home in my life- Haha. But really. After January in Minot, you need a February trip to look forward to. I'm thinking we'll have to make this an annual thing! Haha! We flew out early Wednesday morning and with the time change were in California by 10:30am! 
Carrie and Ben live an an amazing neighborhood, and with it being 75 degrees and sunny we didn't waste any time getting outside! We played at the park right out front of their house, and walked to pick up cute Cody from school! From there we headed straight to the beach- which is only like 15 minutes from their house!
I really am living in the wrong state. Haha. But really- I love love love the ocean. There's just something so amazing about being on the beach. You all know how much I love the mountains too. I'm feeling very conflicted about who's in first place right now, but this ocean trip was just amazing. Lucy LOVES the ocean! She loves the water, the beach, and even the freezing cold water! She just runs and runs and runs! We were so happy to finally be outside! Hallelujah!
The girls had SO much fun with their cousins! We don't get to see these guys very often- and they had a blast! Cody just turned 7, Macey and Lucy are both 5 (Lucy is next week! Ah!), and Clara and Mackayla are both 2. 
 It was low tide so we saw all sorts of fun things- I love these huge starfish!
 I LOVE these next 3 pictures. Clara's favorite thing to do in the Universe is scaring birds! Haha. She thinks its the most hilarious thing, and I must admit her 'Roar' is getting to be pretty terrifying! Oh how I love her! Look at this poor little bird, so unaware as to what's about to happen....
 So proud of herself!
It was such a perfect day- and one of my favorites of the whole trip! After being up at 5am- which is 3am California time and not sleeping a WINK all day- the girls crashed at 7:00! Thank goodness because Disneyland was the next day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clara Mae!

Lucy is finally here!!