Disneyland
Hello from Disneyland! Oh my gosh it was amazing! Unfortunately Tyler's flight of course got cancelled Wednesday night, so he didn't fly in until early Thursday morning, so he missed the first part of the day! Ugh! He made it there by 1:00 though, and we still had such an amazing time! Bonnie and Jeff came with us and took Lucy for her birthday present! It was SO SO fun! We surprised the girls and told them the morning that we left for California and they could not wait to go see where all of the princesses lived- especially Elsa and Anna! We got there about 10 minutes before the park opened! We got Lucy her Birthday pin, and the girls their 1st Visit pins! It was so cute, everyone throughout the park told her happy birthday all day! And they all knew her name from her pin. She was on Cloud 9!
We walked right in and saw Mickey, but Lucy ran up behind him and totally startled him! Haha. The girls were both a little wigged out of Mickey, but luckily still loved all of the other characters! Clara keeps telling me, "Mom... I miss Pluto." She's so serious and so sad about it! That girl loves all of the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse characters!
And don't worry- I brought the ears for Lucy to wear, because Clara had a cute Mickey headband, but then of course Clara wanted them too, so I ended up wearing them most of the day!
We had PERFECT weather! Lucy keeps asking me when it's going to be summer again... Sigh....
After doing a few rides I decided to bite the bullet and go wait in line to see Elsa and Anna from Frozen. The girls were SO excited to see them, so they went and played with Grandma and Grandpa while I waited in line! While they were gone they got to see a bunch of characters...
Clara might have been more excited to see Daisy than Minnie! But regardless, she was SO excited! We love Disney over at our house!
They also got to meet Merida from Brave! They both love her!
So I waited in line for literally 2 hours, but it was seriously SO worth it! The girls got to talk to them for like 5 minutes, and they were so adorable with them!
Clara asked Elsa where her Frozen powers were and Elsa showed her her hands- Clara then backed away! Haha. Until she said, "No I can control my powers now! You can touch them!" They were so excited to touch her hands and sat and talked with them for a while about how old everyone was, Lucy's birthday, Clara's upcoming birthday, etc.... They were both gorgeous and made the girls feel so special! Lucy keeps saying, "Mom, they really live! They're in real life!"
So fun! The girls keep talking about it, and I'm so glad I did it. We ran over to New Orleans square afterwards to grab some lunch! These girls have some pretty awesome grandparents!
Cute Carrie had told me that they will give you a free Birthday treat, so I asked someone, and sure enough the staff came out with 3 Mickey shaped DELICIOUS beignets with a candle in it and sang to cute Lucy! She was SO excited! Tyler had just gotten there too!
I was hoping that the girls wouldn't like them, but sure enough they both gobbled them up! They were SO good. I'm making mental notes of all the things I want to do again, or that I missed when I go back in March with my mom and sister!
Carrie picked Cody up early from school and came over with her kids! So fun to have passes! Cody's birthday was on the 9th, so they both had Birthday buttons!
We went into full swing ride mode once they got there! We got fast passes for Indiana Jones and rode Pirates of the Caribbean while we waited! We took the kids to Critter Country while we switched off riding and ran into Jessie!
cute cousins!
Tyler left his hat on Indiana Jones so while he was waiting for them to look for it I took full advantage and ran over to the Tiki Room to grab a Dole Whip! So good! I should have gotten two- those littles can sure pound the sugar!
Lucy could go on everything but Indiana Jones, so we had a blast with her! Clara was so happy just to sit in her stroller and play with Mackayla!
It was such a perfect day. Tyler's favorite part was watching Lucy and Clara's faces during the parade! They were in Heaven!
After meeting Elsa and Anna, Lucy said her favorite part was Mary Poppins waving to her and saying, "Happy Birthday Lucy!" Coolest thing ever! Haha
Tyler and his dad look super happy to still be there! Haha. I could have stayed for 5 more hours fine.
Lucy chose one more final ride and we rode the tea cups together- Clara had already crashed! It was so much fun!
Tyler's parents were staying at the hotel across the street from Disney so we went to IHOP after for a late, late dinner! Clara was so exhausted she didn't wake up the whole time during dinner, the drive home, changing clothes, or All night long! I call that a successful day!
We had SO SO much fun! Thanks again Bonnie and Jeff!
I'm seriously SO excited to come back in March. It's really the happiest place on earth! One day was way too short, but I'm so glad the girls got to go!
Scroll down for more California posts!
Scroll down for more California posts!
















































You're just so good at taking pictures. I want to hire you. Come back soon!
ReplyDelete