Peace Gardens

 On Labor Day we decided about 1:30 to head up to the International Peace Gardens. They are on the border of the USA and Canada, and it's about an hour and 45 minutes away.
Lucy and Clara were in heaven with all the open space, all the beautiful flowers, and seeing a bunch of frogs, and even a turtle!

 The grounds really were beautiful, but I think we are used to Temple Square which is like immaculate! The flowers and monuments were still beautiful, but the grounds were a little unkempt. There were quite a few weeds, etc... But overall it was pretty. There is like a 10 mile loop around the whole gardens, and the outskirts where it was just forest was really beautiful. Just aspen trees, a few little lakes, etc... It was like being in the mountains! They are technically located in the Turtle mountains, but they are more like hills. =) 
 We got ice cream at a cute little cafe and Lucy of course requested, "Purple Ice-cream". I think she got like June Berry or some random flavor, but loved it!
 The girls were thrilled to see this frog out of the water out on the sidewalk that was hopping away from them!
 We weren't sure what this was at first, but it was beams from the two towers, their 9/11 memorial.
 So happy to be outside all day!
 These are the 'Two Towers' haha-- one is in USA, one in Canada.
 Love these cute girls! Clara is in Canada, Lucy is the USA
 cute Clara and her mullet....
 Tyler kept telling us he saw a turtle earlier in the day at the pond and we didn't believe him, Luckily he spotted another one just as we were getting ready to leave the gardens!
 This is where we went and ate our picnic, in Canada obviously. Haha. These two girlies love their daddy!
 It really was such a beautiful little spot!
It's always fun to get out of Minot. =) I'm sure we'll be back again in the Spring!

Comments

  1. Carly, We need to go there. What a fun place to see. I've never even heard of it before. Next spring I will come up and we can go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place! I'd love to go there someday! Your girls are so darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun place to take your kids...I haven't ever even heard of the International Peace Gardens! I love the picture of Lucy straddling between the two towers...so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun and cute photos Carly. P.S., I am not smart technologically and I changed my template on my blog and now I can't ever find the place to log on and post! I am so awesome. When you have time will you call me and I can give you my sign in and would you try to fix it? Please. I will even sew you another quilt!
    He he.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Clara Mae!

Lucy is finally here!!