day to day...
Clara is seriously the cutest baby ever... don't even try to tell me otherwise! She is so sweet. Bless her...
Lucy is driving me crazy... Bless her too.
She will NOT go to bed at night, I want a 3 bedroom apartment so badly... so so badly... Clara won't go to bed with one of us in there, Lucy wants one of us in there to snuggle with her, Lucy sings to herself, turns on the closet light, gets out of bed a million times, all waking Clara up, or causing her to not fall asleep. Clara falls asleep, Lucy then turns on the light and wakes her up... etc..
Basically Lucy won't go to bed.
I know moving has been a BIG change for her, but it's driving me crazy!
We need a serious bedtime routine week this week, because it's very likely they will be sharing a room for the rest of their lives... so we need to work something out now to make it work!
Other than that.... (It's bedtime... can you tell?) apologize for the venting... that cute Lucy....
Anyway.
Just call me master chef... Yep. I have made dinner just about every single night since we moved here! This week we have had chicken-fried-steak and mashed potatoes, homemade pizza, crepes with homemade buttermilk caramel syrup, french dip sandwiches, a yummy chicken/potato corn chowder, and last night a delicious balsamic/garlic pork tenderloin with sweet potatoes and broccoli.
You should all be very impressed...
I've found it's MUCH much much easier to cook when you actually have some space to cook!
I am loving loving our BIG (to us...) kitchen! The island is awesome, and there is just tons of counter space-- having a dishwasher that actually cleans your dishes is also a HUGE perk for cooking. You can actually just load your dishes into the dishwasher and they come out clean. AMAZING.
No disposal though-- we'll take what we can get though!
So I went to my first spin/cycle class this week. The cute girl that teaches it is in my ward and she is darling-- she is actually best friends with one of our old neighbors in Kaysville! Small world...
Anyway-- other than my butt being sore, I LOVED it.
I went again on friday too, and then some of the girls in my ward do a personal training thing after the spin class so I went with them to try it... and it was awesome.
It was actually warm enough to run outside today too! Yay! I think I am going to sign up for a half marathon in Fargo, ND in May. That will motivate me to get my butt in shape!
(sidenote: the elevation difference in the race course is like 100ft total.... it will definitely be a little different than my last half marathon that was 100% down the mountain/canyon and all downhill!)
The gym has been the greatest perk about moving here, I love exercising but have never been totally committed to going to the gym, etc... Last summer I ran consistently 3 days a week, but that was about it. It feels so so good to do different classes, and weights, etc...
We literally go the YMCA every single day, and the girls are usually in the daycare 3 days a week while I work out. It has been so good for us so far-- I have to get out of the house everyday or I go crazy, and since there is not too much to do here in Minot, this has been awesome!
Now if only I could eat healthy and exercise.. I'm sure that would make a huge difference, but I LOVE food! I'm working on adding more veggies into our diets... that's a start. Lucy and I eat a TON of fruit, but veggies are harder to add. I do love them, so now we just need to eat them!
Today was a great day--
Lucy had her swimming lessons this morning, and LOVES them.
Afterwards we went to the mall thinking Ty could get his haircut there, but just ended up in Barnes & Noble for like an hour reading books and let Lucy play with their train set.
As we were leaving we saw a girl scout cookies stand-- Yay! They have the weirdest names for the cookies here, but luckily my Samoas still taste the same!
We had a lazy afternoon- I ran and explored our new neighborhood which is really safe, quiet, and clean- yay! And Ty & Lucy watched Peter pan and read books together. Clothes are optional at our house.. obviously.
tonight we actually headed back to the mall to go to dinner at Grizzly Grill (or something like that...). They had a pretty long wait (at 5:30 mind you... I'm telling you Minot is busy everywhere!), so we headed to Old navy where Lucy found a football to play with, and they have a coloring table set up in the middle of their store! Awesome! Lucy and I colored pictures, and then she got to do the coin thing in the center of the mall. Who knew Old Navy was almost as cool as a Children's museum?
Coolest parents ever.....
Dinner was delicious, and the girls were both so good at dinner. Lucy literally almost fell asleep watching Mulan and eating her meal... Classic.
So far things are going well here--
Lucy's birthday is this week, so we're having a couple of little girls from the ward over to play on friday for a little birthday party!
I see you've discovered the other secret to cooking dinner...nothing else going on:)! That's why I've picked up cooking anyway! I'm so glad you love the YMCA, it sounds like it's awesome there. Maybe we'll move there, any jobs!!?
ReplyDeleteyea I am so glad things are going so well for you guys. It sounds like you have already made friends and are having a good time. With your cute personality I knew you would do great! Your baby is pretty darn cute That smile is darling!
ReplyDeleteYou are awesome for getting out there and jumping right into things! North Dakota looks like a really fun place to live, you've got it down!
ReplyDeleteI can totally hear Cheryl when I read your blog sometime. Does that even make sense? ha Like the way she talks...you must be sisters or something :) I'm so impressed that you jumped right into things! You seem so happy. The picture of Tyler and Lucy is priceless.
ReplyDeleteI lOVE your phone pictures too! Aren't phone pictures so awesome? ha I don't know why I love them so much...