FOREIGNER {ND State Fair: Take 6}

So Saturday night we had the most awesome girls night and headed to Foreigner at... you guessed it... the state fair! Haha. We all dressed up in really fabulous 80's outfits, and got quite the stares! We had multiple people take pictures of us, etc... We showed up and it started POURING rain. They held off on the show for about an hour and half as we all hung out inside and under the pavillions, but the storm eventually let up and the concert was awesome!

Me, Amy, Jaymie, and Tera
My outfit in all of it's glory-- I kind of look like a hooker. Yep. I got my sweet headband at Target in the girls section, Earrings and hooker skirt at Wet Seal, and then put on every necklace i owned, and my friend Angie did my totally awesome make up!
Julie, Margel, Kristen, Amy, Jaymie, Me
 Jaymie's cute brother Brett came with us to the concert, and had this awesome Kelly Kapowski T-shirt. 
 So the concert itself was SO much fun, I really only knew like 4 songs, but we still danced the night away! We met some very interesting people to say the least, and will make some great memories! People couldn't believe that we were all sober, and that Mormons are NOT polygamists. =)

 these pictures are awesome.
we were covered in mud by the end of the night!
 After the concert we headed to this awesome Bakery/Cafe called Sweet n' Flour
Chris & Angie, Kristen, and Margel
Brett, Jaymie, Amy, Virginia, Jesika
 Me, Jenny, and Tera
 after Jenny, Jaymie, Amy, and Brett hung out at Jaymie's house until 4.... yes, 4. This is our after picture-- it looks like we took quite a beating! Haha. But SO much fun!
I don't think I have laughed that hard in forever- it was awesome.

Jaymie, Amy, Me and Jenny. We all have 3 year old girls- Ruby, Ashlyn, Lucy, and Julia.
So I have to say, we have the most diverse and awesome group of friends ever out here and it is awesome. No one has any family out here, so we are all just each other's family and I love it. Just to give a little insight as to the differences in all of our cute friends- from 20 year age differences, from having 1 kid, to 6, from husbands being doctors, to working in the oil field, living in really nice homes to apartments, anyway. We come in all shapes and sizes, but I have made some fabulous friends here, and I feel so lucky. I was so so nervous about moving here, but we really have made some life-long friends. And I will be SO sad when we move! (if we ever do... haha) I feel like if I lived in Utah though, no one over the age of 30 or who had more than 3 kids, or kids in elementary school for that matter, would be my close friend- I know that sounds silly, but seriously. I feel like Utah can be so clicky, and everyone has family close, so no one really goes out of their comfort zone to make closer friendships, etc... I am so glad to have met all of these cute girls, and they have made living here in North Dakota so so much better than I thought it would be!

Anyway. We had such a fun night! And we really do love it out here! We just miss our families, but have been so lucky to have been able to see them every few months! 

Comments

  1. You make everything sound fun. I think I want to move to ND!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Clara Mae!

Lucy is finally here!!