Independence Day: Part 1

I know I already said this, but the 4th of July is the best Holiday- hands down. This is how the day played out:

Ran the Kaysville 10k for the 4th year in a row? Every year I ask myself, why not just the 5k Carly? And then every year I sign up again for the 10k. You could tell that all of my going to bed really early, and eating really healthy had really paid off. Haha-- It's a wonder I even made it out of bed that morning, but my cute dad actually ran the whole thing with me. I still ran my fastest time (56 min.), but I should have been quite a bit faster, but oh well! Here we are, looking totally awesome and everything!
 Tyler's cute mom came with him to watch us finish, and my mom stayed home with my sleeping girlies. The girls were still asleep when I finished so we left them at my mom's and went with Tyler's family to Kneaders for breakfast! SO delicious! We hurried home and got ready and headed to the K-town parade.
This pretty much sums up how Tyler feels about the parade:
 Unfortunately the Kaysville parade is getting longer with just more businesses, etc... But we still end up there every year! We had a grand ol' time hanging out in the shade and chatting though!
 We love tia Kathy!
 some of the fam: Shawn, Mel, & Carter. And cousins Steph, Craig, & Kelsey.
This girl is ALL chompers lately. She has the biggest mouth and smile, and SO many teeth to fill it with! She has 5 on top, 3 on bottom, and is now getting a molar on EACH side. She is so full of it too!
 in honor of Shawn, Mel, and Cheryl..... We sure love the Davis High Marching Band!
 cute Candace!
please note my totally awesome hairstyle, which may or may not have gotten washed after running the 10k.... but my baby is really cute!
 and Tyler is really great about getting his picture taken...
Cute can-can and Bay-dog-- just getting all ready for the mini-cheer performance!
 Lucy did such a good job, and I was so surprised she actually did it! I was the crazy mom in front taking pictures, but couldn't really see her, so I finally moved to the side. 
She danced to the song, 'Call me Maybe', and now considers it 'her song'. I just bought it off of itunes for her and she LOVES it!
 This is her showing me after what her favorite part of the dance was, they lay on the ground and kick their legs, she does it all the time now. Awesome.
 I initially thought we would stay at the carnival and let the kids get a treat or something, but it was so hot and the kids were getting so grumpy so we got out of there ASAP.
such a proud mom!
They ended up letting the little girls perform twice because some of the girls came late and missed it, Lucky for us because Lucy only performed it the first time and Blake ran off crying, and the second time Lucy refused to go out there again, and Blakey did awesome!
afterwards we had Maddox for lunch at my mom and dad's house and we everyone took a nice LONG nap while my mom and I caught up on the Bachelorette... Haha. But I seriously think Lucy slept for 4 hours, it was awesome, and oh so needed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clara Mae!

Lucy is finally here!!